Terms and Conditions
The website WWW.AFEWWISWWORDS.COM is the official site for the book A Few Wise Words (ISBN Ref: 978-1-5272-6980-4) and is provided solely for information, and educational use only. Its purpose is to provide particulars about the book, its content, and its Contributors.
Your use of this website, www.afewwisewords.com, (sometimes referred to as the “Site” below) is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). If you do not agree to the Terms, then you may not use the Site. Please read these Terms below carefully. If anything is not clear and you need further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site is controlled and operated by Amersham Publishing Limited (sometimes referred to as “APL” below) whose registered office is Laurel House, Loudhams Road, Amersham, HP7 9NY (Registered in England Company No. 12363954 VAT No. 341 0084 49)
Your use of www.afewwisewords.com, is subject to the following conditions and you should not use this Site unless you accept these conditions:
Amersham Publishing Ltd accepts no liability to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon any material contained on this Site.
Details about the book and its contributors are likely to change over time and are therefore subject to change on the Site without prior notice. Amersham Publishing Ltd accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through it.
By accessing the Site, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the Site, including risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Site or your access to it.
Amersham Publishing Ltd cannot be held responsible for the content of any linked site and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of that linked site.
This Site is for personal private use only.
Amersham Publishing Ltd and the Author’s copyright notice
All text contained on the website www.afewwisewords.com, belongs to Amersham Publishing Ltd and Peter Mukherjee (whose rights as the author have been legally asserted) unless otherwise stated, and are fully protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may print or download any part of the text and images for personal use only. Any other use could lead to action or breach of copyright
You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes under any circumstances, including any text or images, audio and video without the written permission of Amersham Publishing Ltd. For all enquiries please contact the company by e-mail to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- The materials, data, text, images, video and audio contained on the Site belong to Amersham Publishing Ltd and the Author of A Few Wise Words and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Unless otherwise stated on the Site you can access, view and (where possible) print any part of that content for personal, non-commercial use only. All other rights are reserved. Any other use could lead to breach of copyright or other rights without the prior written permission of Amersham Publishing Ltd. While we may not always be able to grant our consent for any other use enquiries, please contact Amersham Publishing Ltd by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unless otherwise stated the Site content is provided for free and is for private, non-commercial purposes. Although APL endeavours to keep the information on the Site accurate and updated APL makes no guarantees or representations as to the Site’s accuracy. APL assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of the Site is at your own risk. APL does not guarantee that the Site will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used to access it. You are responsible for all telecoms access services and computer equipment and software necessary to connect to and use the Site. Neither APL or any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of the Site. APL assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. APL may, but have no obligation to, use or amend anything you transmit for any purpose in any way without further consent from or any payment to you. Please do not submit anything that cannot, or you do not want to, be used in this way.
- The trade marks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered trade marks of Amersham Publishing Ltd and its licensors. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting a licence or right to use any Marks without the prior written permission of APL or its licensors. We will not always be able to give our consent but please contact us at email@example.com with any requests for such permission.
- APL has not reviewed all the sites linked to or from the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-Site pages or any other sites linked to or from the Site. Any purchase of the book made through third parties shall be subject to those third parties’ terms and conditions.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance and validity in all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Your continued use of the Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms.
- APL may at any time revise these Terms by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms.
- You must not, nor try to, make mass, automated or systematic extractions of the Site content, or use it to create or include it within another paper or electronic database, or try to re-sell it or re-distribute it. We reserve the right to prohibit or restrict the way in which other sites link to or frame or re-present any of the Site content.
- Only you or we have the right to enforce any provision under these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are in breach of these Terms, or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are, we may suspend and/or terminate your access to this Site without prior notice. If you are in breach of these Terms and we do not take any action against you, we may still take action against you later or if you breach the same term on another occasion or if you breach a different term.
© Amersham Publishing Limited, 2020
AMERSHAM PUBLISHING PRIVACY NOTICE
If you have any questions or comments please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When we collect personal data from you we store it under strict safekeeping and confidentiality measures. We use technical and organisational security measures to protect it against misuse and any external data processing services we use must meet our security policies. We hold your data on secure servers operated by Mailchimp.com. We allow only those staff members who need to process your data to have access and prevent all other staff from seeing it. We meet the protection offered to you under the Data Protection Act 2018.
By disclosing your personal information to us via afewwisewords.com, by phone or in writing, you are giving us your consent to collect, store and process your personal information in the manner described in this Notice. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date to the best of our knowledge.
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Notice or your information, please contact us by e-mail to email@example.com.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA AND WHAT WE DON’T DO
We will keep information which identifies you if you have ‘signed up for updates’ or have used our ‘Contact us’ form. Such personal information could include:
- Your name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
We process your personal information for the purposes of:
- Keeping you up-to-date with updates and information about the book
- Responding to questions or requests sent to us via our Contact Us form
- Research and statistical analysis (collected anonymously)
When we send you e-mails with updates and information about the book, these communications will normally be made via Mailchimp.com.
We do not share or sell your personal information for other organisations to use for their own purposes.
If you are age 16 or under, please obtain your parent / guardian’s permission every time before you provide any personal information.
You can update your personal information and communications preferences at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to have no further contact from APL on any subject, please e-mail us at email@example.com and we will remove your details from our subscription list held with Mailchimp.com
Our site contains links to other sites whose information practice may be different than ours. You should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by third parties. Further, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND OPTING-OUT
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, to correct any inaccuracies in that information or ask us to delete such records. If you would like to have a copy of this information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find any inaccuracies please contact us and we will correct them. If you ask us to delete your records we will ensure that all of your personal information that we hold on our files and with Mailchimp.com are removed. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve a problem about our handling of your personal information.
Amersham Publishing Ltd November 2020